Thursday, June 26, 2008

Finally in Tokyo

I never thought I'd like China as much as I did. We went to some incredible places, met some incredible people, and have had a blast. We have gone out a few times but Shanghai definitely tops it all. We went to a couple posh bars. One was on the 32nd floor of the Hyatt hotel and the second floor of the bar was outside and open, like you'd have at a carribean resort. There were beds out and a hot tub in the middle. A lot of foreigners hung out there. There were 5 French guys that were in their undies in the hot tub. Too funny. Then we went to this club called Zapatas. I am going to try to look it up online and see if it has a website. They played a lot of 80s music so we danced some. I left at 3:30am and we had to leave for our plane this morning at 6:00. I'm a little tired. HA
As far as touristy things, we went to a pearl factory and the silk factory. I now know how to tell the difference in the real and fakes. I have bought some fake purses though. ha I have seen enough Buddhist temples and museums to last a lifetime. Here in Tokyo we plan to see the fish market and try to avoid anything cultural. HA We will definitely take in some of the nightlife here and check out the trends and fashion stores. I'm going to try to do some laundry and then get a good night's rest. By the way, the beds are so hard. It's like a park bench with a sheet on top of it. FUN. I had to buy another bag to get everything home. I will post pics soon!
KG

No comments: