Thursday, June 5, 2008

We're in Little Rock

Today Yvonne's boyfriend, Jason, brought us down to Little Rock. We are staying with Liz Lucker, a teacher from a LR high school. She's great. We've had a blast! She greeted us with Chinese beer called Tsingtao. It was actually very good. We sat and chatted with Mary, Peggy, and Larry and had a great dinner of chicken breast and baked potatoes. It was a nice meal before going to all Chinese food! We have laughed so much just talking about everything from students to adult conversations!! Tomorrow morning we will leave here at 4:15 a.m. and drive to the airport. We MUST be there by 5:00 a.m. or we will be starting off on the wrong foot with our directors. Our first flight to Chicago leaves at 6:15 a.m. From there we will leave around 10:30 a.m. and fly 14 hours to Shanghai. They are 13 hours ahead of us so we will be arriving there in the early afternoon. I'm going to try to sleep on the plane. I have no doubt that my sleep patterns will be jacked up. We will have two meals on the plane. Usually plane bathrooms gross me out, but compared to the toilets I will be using in China, they are first class! If you want to see how one of the bathrooms at the Great Wall looks, check out this video (on the side). It's called "Great Wall Shitter" and it's seriously a typical bathroom! YIKES! It is the first video of the youtube videos that are shown on the left side. Or you can go to the website: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssSLbe9CPJU I still am wondering what I am forgetting to pack. It's not too big of a deal though b/c they have EVERYTHING in China! :) I will try to blog as often as I can. We'll see how it goes. Anyway, keep us all in your prayers. See ya later!
KG

3 comments:

Christy said...

Krystle,
Have fun! Our son, Braden, leaves for Thailand on Sunday! I hope you took Mona Vie with you...looks like you'll need plenty of antioxidants using potties like that one! Maybe you can get those teachers traveling with you to join your MV Team!

Robin said...

Have fun Krystle!! Okay that video was scary nothing like I have seen on America's Next Top Model - HA!! Did you make it? I am anxiously waiting your updates...

Anonymous said...

Your trip sounds awesome! I can't wait for you to return so I (and my students) can see your pics and hear your stories. Be safe and enjoy!